Ecco shoes that improve posture
Ecco has a simple philosophy: shoes must follow the foot.
When you wear a pair of shoes that allow your foot to direct, you can change the way your body feels, acts, and responds. These shoes can improve your posture, even when you are standing.
In 1963, Karl Toosbuy sold his car and house and moved to Bredebro, Denmark, where he opened his first factory for his new company, Ecco Sko A / S (later renamed Ecco). Initial work focused on flexible and durable soles for unmatched comfort. In the late 1990s, the company began offering shoes for both men and women. In 2000, Ecco’s largest market was the United States, where today it faces shoe giants Nike, Reebok and Adidas.
The company calls its products “physiological footwear.” Due to their design, these shoes can activate body support and postural muscles so that you walk more upright and get a better workout. Rather than mold the foot to the shoe, Ecco manufactures his shoes to follow the normal shape and function of the feet. The response to the 56-year-old company has been positive. Today it is one of the world’s leading footwear companies and is one of the leaders in the field of comfortable footwear.
One of Ecco’s most popular lines is their MBT footwear, which stands for Masai Barefoot Technology. In explaining the process, Ecco suggests that you remember the feeling of walking barefoot on a natural surface. There is nothing smooth about a grassy surface, as it usually has more “elasticity” than a concrete surface. Walking through these surface variations can cause your posture to constantly change, so your foot stretches more, your gait changes, and your posture improves.
Basically, MBT technology allows us to walk like our ancestors did before shoe day. Too:
- tones and strengthens the muscles of the feet, legs, buttocks, stomach and back
- improves circulation and increases muscle activity
- relieves stress on the back and joints
- absorbs the impact on our joints and discs
- helps us to be more upright
Ecco’s sports shoe line, MBT footwear, propelled Ecco into the shoe business. These shoes come in athletic styles, boots, casual shoes, clogs, sandals, and dress shoes for men and women. All are made with Masai Barefoot technology.
- Ecco’s classic shoe is the MBT Men’s Sport black nubuck and mesh model, which comes in black with a white stripe around the back heel. This model comes in a variety of colors and stripes, including solid black.
- Ecco also makes a walking shoe that looks a lot like sports shoes, but is made of soft leather that wraps around the foot. This model also comes in white with navy blue leather trim.
- Ecco didn’t forget about the nature lover either. His Kifundo chocolate leather boot has the same MBT sole. The leather reaches to the ankle and has five eyelets for lacing.
- Similar to the Kifundo boot is the Fanaka Gore-Tex chocolate nubuck. This model does not reach as high on the ankle as the boot, which makes this waterproof model a bit more elegant. It is available in rough brown leather and smooth waterproof black leather.
- For a dress shoe, men may want to try the Tariki Leather Shoe – Walnut Oiled. Still within the MBT family, this shoe has four laces and comes in a rich burnished brown.
- For casual days, Ecco manufactures various men’s sandals, all MBT models. The Kisumu sandal for men in chocolate nubuck has a special sole for walking and two thick straps that provide ample support to the foot. It is also available in two variations: black nubuck and black nubuck with gray trim. Women who want the support of MBT shoes have almost as many options to choose from as men. They can choose between sneakers similar to the men’s models, such as the Chapa in suede and ebony mesh, as well as in coffee brown, nubuck and birch mesh, and nubuck and chili mesh (red).
- For a bit of color and fun, try the Lami Mary-Jane in purple suede. It has a gray leather trim and a velcro strap to break up the purple. Do you like the shoe, but want to tone down the color? It also comes in black caviar leather.
- Do you want something more elegant? Take a look at the Tunisha Mary-Jane in Grape Skin. Smooth leather and a buckled strap add to the sleeker look, but the outsole gives you the same great ride as sportier models. The Tunisha is also available in plain black.
- Leaving home in hot weather? Try one of the women’s MTB sandals: the Kisumu sandal in black or chocolate nubuck – or the black Panda with white trim (also available in anthracite, which is silver with deep purple trim).
With so many comfortable and stylish shoes to choose from, Ecco makes fashion footwear fun again!