Cure vaginal yeast infections naturally
Causes of vaginal yeast infections
Vaginal yeast infections can cause discharge, itching, irritation, and discomfort. Yeast infections in women are often caused by the use of antibiotics or steroids, or can be due to hormonal changes during menstruation and pregnancy, as well as diabetes. Birth control pills also contribute to the growth of a vaginal yeast infection. The clothes women wear also have an effect. Tight and/or dirty clothing that accumulates heat and moisture will often result in infection. It is best to wear organic cotton underwear. Give yourself room to breathe and keep them clean. Change and wash your underwear regularly.
Yeast infections, whether oral, vaginal, or of the skin, may also be more common in people with weakened immune systems due to cancer treatments, steroid use, or illnesses such as AIDS or HIV. The fungus can spread throughout the body, a potentially life-threatening condition, most often affecting the blood, heart, kidneys, brain, and eyes.
Dirty hypodermic needles or poorly implanted devices, such as urinary catheters or IV ports, can also allow yeast to enter the body and cause infection.
Natural Treatments and Prevention
Over-the-counter or prescription thrush medications sometimes relieve pain, but they also have many side effects. Side effects may include burns and rashes, nausea, swelling of the mouth and lips, hives, etc. These medications often treat the symptoms but not the underlying cause. They can also cause the fungus to mutate and become drug resistant and stronger than before, making it extremely difficult to kill.
Below are natural ways to cure and/or prevent vaginal yeast infections.
– Avoid yeast infections by reducing sugar in your diet.
– Take Probiotics, through supplements or cultured foods such as kefir, miso and organic yogurt. They suppress potentially harmful bacteria and help good bacteria to thrive.
– Eat raw garlic and onion because it has antifungal properties
– Stop taking antibiotics, birth control pills and steroids, if possible.
– Do not wash with strong and perfumed soaps because they irritate the skin.
– Remember to wipe from the forehead to the back and never from the back to the forehead, to prevent bacteria from the anus from reaching the vagina.
– Do not shower regularly because it is unnecessary and disturbs the good bacteria in the vagina.
– Buy boric acid powder capsules and insert them into the vagina (like yeast arrest or gy-na-tren) or you can learn to make your own.